Friday, November 02, 2007

archive (2): Mooncake making!

Every year i asked my mum to teach me how to make mooncakes because she had previously went to a course to learn how.. but she simply refused! say ma fan.. ha so this year, i just bought floor and ingredients to keep trying.. wanted to eat nice durian mooncakes. After two failed attempts my mooncake turn super chio at the third ha, the first two saw a skin that was hard and inedible..

on the third try, i added steamed hong kong floor to my bing pi and it make the skin really smooth and soft.. even my mum love them! she ate like super lot ha..

in total i make probably more than 50 lotus ones, 30 durians and 20 yam?

the process of mooncake making!

steaming the hong kong floor
adding in icing sugar
weighing my Kao Fen..
my mum rolling the lotus paste and yam paste for me..
mixing the colour with the floor

almost there! see the nice yellow colour
blur mooncakes nicely packed into plastic trays den into paper boxes
i should photoshop this, doesn't give the mooncake justice ha

Recipe:

Snow Skin Recipe:

Icing sugar 120g
Kou Fen 90g
Hong Kong Flour 90g, steam 25 mins
Shortening 60g
Cold water 160ml
Colouring

Baked Recipe:

Hong Kong Flour 600g
Syrup 300g
Groundnut oil/Corn oil: 150g
Alkaline water: 2 teaspoon
Egg for brushing( egg yolk, small amount of egg white, oil, syrup)

Mix everything except egg and leave dough for 30 mins.
Wrap mooncake, brush with egg and bake for 25 mins at 180 deg cel

No comments: